Mountain Bikers Responsibility Code
We reserve the right to ask customers/clients to return bikes immediately with no refund or remove uplift tickets without refund from clients for breaches of the mountain biker’s responsibility code.
- Always carry a mobile phone during your visit and ensure the charge is sufficient to last the entire period that you are renting equipment from us. If in need of assistance contact 07435769249.
- Avoid riding independently/alone where possible to maximise safety. Besides, it is also more fun riding with others.
- Ride within your capabilities and keep your bike under control. It is your responsibility to avoid crashing into other riders and objects around you! Remember you are liable to pay in full the cost of any loss or damage of the bike/equipment.
- Respect other riders and be aware of their varying skill level/knowledge.
- Follow the one-way system on trails. Always look uphill when entering a trail/starting downhill to give way to other riders coming down.
- Pull off the trail in a safe place if you need to stop or take a break for any reason. Do not stop in the middle of the trail to avoid damage to equipment or injury to yourself and others.
- Respect other trail users and exercise caution when the trails cross other trails or walking routes.
- Trail conditions change with the seasons and the weather; mountain biking is an all-weather sport but respect the added challenge and risk that rain, ice, dust and wind can pose to you.
- Stick to the official marked Mountain Bike Trails as signposted and obey all signs and warnings.
- Do not push or ride up downhill trails.
- Respect the environment and area that we provide the services within – follow the ‘leave no trace’ principles.
- Do not ride if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Riders 16 years of age and under must be always accompanied by a legal guardian (over 18).
- Listen and follow instructions when making use of the uplift service – safety first!
Click here for a PDF of the above: Mountain Bikers Responsibility Code